When you’re trying to be frugal getting something for free is a big help. Here are some great free resources that won’t cost you a dime.
- The Public Library- You can get books free here and also music and movies. My local library charges a dollar for movies but the books are still a good deal.
- 1-800-Free-411- I just recently found about this. I just avoided using directory assistance before but now take advantage of this free deal. You just have to listen to a short advertisement before you get your information.
- Mint,GnuCash,PearBudget,etc.- There is lots of free money management software out there. I use PearBudget right now since my finances are pretty simple. I’m thinking of upgrading to more detailed software though.
- Hulu.com,ABC.com,CBS.com,etc.- These are sites where you can legally watch TV shows and movies at your own convenience online. With these sites you really don’t need cable.
- BBC.co.uk/languages- At this site you can take language lessons online for free. There are many other free language learning sites out there. I haven’t tried these yet but learning a foreign language is on my list of things to do someday.
Those are just a few of the free frugal resources available. There are lots of things you can do for free.