This is just a list I came up with off the top of my head. I’m sure not everyone will agree with them and there are some exceptional situations where you will have to pay for these items.
- Pens- I get free pens as promotional items all the time. I don’t understand why people pay big bucks for fancy pens. The only thing you need a pen to do is write and in my experience a free pen writes just as well as an expensive one.
- Matches- I don’t need these too often, which is good because it is harder to get free matches anymore. They are still available at many bars and casinos though.
- Drinking Water- This isn’t completely free since you do pay something for the water coming out of your tap. A glass of water would only cost a fraction of a penny though. If you carry a reusable drinking container you should rarely if ever find yourself having to purchase bottled water.
- Music- It is free on the radio. You can borrow cds from your local library if you feel the need to listen to a particular song. If you need to own the music I see promotions for free MP3 downloads all the time.
- DVD Rentals- If you have a Redbox near you than you don’t need to rent DVDs. Redbox comes out with a free code every Monday and that code is good once for every credit/debit card you have. That allows you to get multiple free rentals. A quick Google search will turn up even more free rentals.
- Stock Trades- Blogging Banks suggested getting free stock trades with Zecco. I use them and haven’t had any problems so far. I believe there are some other ways to get free stock trades as well.
Check out the comments for many more freebies.