Alternative Income: Paid to Search

by Andy Hough on October 12, 2007

I get paid for doing searches through  This doesn’t add up to much so don’t expect it to be a significant source of income.  I’ve made a little over $20 so far this year.  It doesn’t take much time to do the search when I’m online anyway.  The search results aren’t as good as Google but they are reasonable.  I had a membership with Slashmysearch also but I earned even less with them and they had spammy search results so I decided to use Moola only.  Moola also has several games you can play against others to try to win money.  If you would like an invitation to Moola I have three available.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Jake Stichler October 13, 2007 at 12:21 am

Uhm… the search results are spammy because *that’s how it works!*

Come now… the Pay Per Click industry has been around for years. I used to own and operate a PPC search engine myself. Where do you think the money comes from?

2 Lulu October 13, 2007 at 8:00 am

I use Moola too! I started to play the games and now I just do the search. I got only $10 so far and I cashed it out. I am not relying on it as a source of income because I seem to only be getting 2-5 cents when I spin each time.

3 Tight Fisted Miser October 13, 2007 at 11:30 am

Jake- I know that is how they pay for it but Moola manages to have some valid content with the spam. At slashmysearch it seemed to be nothing but spam results and they usually didn’t even have anything to do with the search.

Lulu- I usually just get 2-5 cents a spin as well but every once in a while I’ll get 50 cents or more. My best spin so far has been a dollar.

4 Lou October 19, 2007 at 7:20 am

I’m interested! I’m really into saving money by the pennies, which you can witness if you see me walking into the grocery store with my coupon books.

5 Lou October 20, 2007 at 12:56 pm

My first spin was $0.10. Why doesn’t the spin come up on every search? I tried to find the answer on Moola, but I couldn’t.

6 Lisa October 26, 2007 at 8:53 pm

If you have a referral available, let me know…

7 AJ February 20, 2008 at 6:08 pm

Moola invites here

Not gonna make you rich, but the games can be fun.