Off the top of my head here are a few things I didn’t spend much money on this year that most people spend a lot of money on.
- Haircuts – I didn’t spend any money on haircuts this year. I use clippers to cut my own hair and am quite happy with the results.
- Clothing – I bought two pairs of hiking shorts at $1.15 each. That was my only clothing expenditure for the year. This number will go up a little in 2010 since I’ll need to replace my underwear and socks but I don’t plan to spend any other money on clothing.
- Cable – I haven’t had it and don’t plan to. I spend too much time watching TV with just the over-the-air channels.
- Landline Phone – I have a cell phone that costs me $30 a month and includes unlimited texts and data. That is a much better value than a home phone.
- Personal Hygiene – Ok, this one sounds bad but it isn’t. I get most of my personal hygiene items for almost free from CVS or Walgreens by playing the drugstore game. The fact that a 99 cent bottle of shampoo will last me all year helps also.
That is just a few of the items I don’t spend much money on. I’m sure I’ll think of a few more things later. What items do you spend little or no money on?
4 thoughts on “Stuff I Didn’t Spend Much Money on This Year”
Gee, you need to cut down on your clothing expense! ha!
Have you already explained how your cell phone bill is so cheap (including data)?
Michelle – Ha. Somehow I seem to accumulate more clothing although I rarely buy any.
vm – I’m not sure if I talked about my cell phone plan before or not. I have the Sprint SERO plan. Unfortunately, the plan is no longer available. I’m grandfathered in and hoping they don’t completely eliminate the plan.
It’s funny about clothes. I was at a thrift store with my grown daughter. There was pretty top I liked, and I kept going back and forth whether I should buy it. My daughter laughed and said, Mom its only 37 cents…buy it. So I did, and I splurged on the barely used sneakers for $1.37, which I have already gotten 2 years wear.
I did feel bad when I got paint all over the top and threw it out a year later. Really I should have cut it up and tried to braid a mat with it.