Online Income Report – March 2011

by Andy Hough on April 11, 2011

Here is a breakdown of my income for March 2011. .

Google Adsense – $181.79

Affiliate Income – $295

Brokered Ads – $41

Direct Ads – $231.55

Ehow – $11.01

Amazon – $15.54

Ebay  – $9.54

Total – $785.43

My online income increased from the month before so I won’t complain.  I believe that if I work on my sites consistently I will make over $1000 a month by the end of the year.  I have had a dry spell for affiliate income though and need to fix that.  I’d like affiliate income to make up the lion’s share of my income because I think it has more upside potential than Adsense or ads.

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Paula @ AffordAnything.org April 11, 2011 at 10:44 pm

I really enjoy seeing these breakdowns so I can get an idea of what AdSense, affiliates, etc., realistically pay. As a new blogger, this is very enlightening information! Thank you for posting it!

2 Eliza from Happy Simple Living April 17, 2011 at 8:46 am

I agree with Paula – this information is so helpful and I appreciate your transparency in sharing it. If you don’t mind my asking, was this your income from one site or multiple sites?

3 Edwin @ Cash The Checks April 18, 2011 at 2:40 am

Thanks for sharing your stats, for me brokered ads make up the vast majority of my income.

4 Evan April 20, 2011 at 9:51 pm

Is that just from this site? or do you have others?

5 Andy Hough April 22, 2011 at 9:33 pm

Hey Everyone. The income is from multiple sites. Right now I have three sites that contribute the vast majority of the income plus another site that adds a little. I also have a few sites that don’t make anything that I hope to get making money later this year.

6 Jacob @ My Personal Finance Journey May 20, 2011 at 6:22 am

That’s a pretty high amount of Amazon income. That’s affiliate stuff right? I have barely made a Dollar the entire year I’ve used them. Any tips on improving?

7 Andy Hough May 20, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I report my income when it is actually paid so that is several month’s income from Amazon. I only make about $10 – $20 a year from them. I got lucky on this one since somebody ordered a Kindle after clicking on one of my book links.