I’ve highlighted one post for each month in 2008. This is kind of late because I wasn’t going to do a “best of” post but since my readership grew quite a bit last year most of you probably haven’t seen these posts and I’m too lazy to write an original post today you’re getting a “best of” post.
- January- A Sample $1000 Monthly Budget
This should provide people a guideline of how it is possible to live on a small amount.
- February- Concentrate on the Big Three Cut your big expenses before you worry about the little expenses.
- March– How I lived for 3 Months on $450 The title explains what this is about. This post was stumbled and got a lot of views but not too many comments.
- April- Bloggers Who Disclose Their Income Many bloggers disclose their net worth but not many disclose their income.
- May- Five Crazy Things I’ve Done to Save Money There are a lot more than five.
- June- Living in a Van Down by the River
My most popular post ever. Since I moved in with my GF this isn’t likely to happen though. My GF thinks that living in a house with her rather than in a van by myself shouldn’t have been a difficult decision.
- July-More on Food Stamps This was a follow-up post to My Food Stamp Experience and was featured on MSN. These are some of my most commented on posts and I still receive comments on them now.
- August- I Can Drive 55 Slowing down can save you gas and money. Now I save even more money by not having a car.
- September-My Plan to Retire at 50 This plan still needs work but I’m making progress towards my goal and I still believe it is achievable.
- October- My Identity Theft Experience It wasn’t that big of a deal for me.
- November- A $500 a Month Retirement Budget This is a little extreme but I think it would be workable for me if health insurance costs stayed reasonable.
- December- I’m Now Car Free This should save me a lot of money in 2009.